Hello Quorn, you just keep getting better and better.
If you don't know by now; Quorn is the worlds leading meat free alternative. It is kind of known everywhere, and a very famous world record holder called Mo Farah likes to eat it!
At Prestige we simply love Quorn! It stands to purpose, it's one of the most nutritionally balanced snacks available out there. What we mean by balanced, is for a food that tastes so great, Quorn contains a bit of everything we need such as: protein, lots of fibre and the right amount of calories gram for gram.
From a fitness stand point. Quorn is very high protein. It allows you to attain this vital nutrient in your body; in more than a tasty way. The problem we have as people who stay fit and follow a balanced life is, we struggle to find ways to constantly keep our food interesting. And I think it's pretty obvious what we're going to say next; with Quorn you can absolutely do that.
Quorn recently held a BBQ work shop which exhibited just some of the great ways we can enjoy it even more. We've tasted some of the pretty exciting ways to cook with Quorn from; thai green currys to mouth watering pulled pork. But upon learning these BBQ recipes we simply had to share it with you.
Quorn Meat Free Swedish Style Meatball Kebabs
Instead of reaching for a beef kebab that can be high in fat, give our succulent Quorn Meat Free Swedish or Italian meatballs versions a try. Ready in just 10-15 minutes.
Serves 4 – 6 | 10 – 15 mins cooking time | 253 cals per serving | 5.3g sat fat per serving
- 1x 300g pack Quorn Meat Free Swedish Style Balls
- 3 tbsp vegetarian red pesto . 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2 tsps sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 142 ml carton of Greek style yoghurt . 1 tsp lemon juice . 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley or coriander . 1 green or yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes and 6 button mushrooms . kebab sticks - if using wooden kebab sticks soak in water for about 15 minutes before using
- Place the vegetarian pesto, tomato puree, 2 crushed garlic cloves, sugar and seasoning in a mixing bowl. Add the Quorn balls and mix thoroughly to coat the balls evenly. Cover and leave in the refrigerator until required.
- Make the dip by mixing together the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, parsley, the remaining crushed garlic clove and seasoning. Cover and chill until required.
- Cut the peppers into 2.5cm pieces and the onion into similar sized chunks.
- Thread the peppers onto the skewers or kebab sticks alternating with the Quorn balls, onion, mushroom and tomatoes using 3 or 4 balls on each kebab.
- Line a grill pan with oiled foil, place the kebabs onto the foil and grill for 10-15 minutes on a moderate heat turning regularly and brushing with any remaining marinade or oil if required. Also good on the BBQ - cook for a few minutes*, adjust rack height if necessary to avoid burning the marinade. *BBQ cooking time is a guideline only.
Quorn Meat Free Sausage and vegetable sticky skewers
Our Sticky Skewered Quorn Sausages, are perfect for when the sun comes out and packed with flavour.
Serves 3 | 15 mins cooking time | 243 cals per serving | 1.1g sat fat per serving
- 250g pack Quorn sausages - use your favourite flavour, if using frozen allow to defrost thoroughly.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 rounded tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunky dice
- cherry tomatoes
- skewer sticks - soak wooden sticks in water for a few minutes before grilling or barbecuing to prevent burning.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and mango chutney together in a bowl. Coat the sausages with the glaze, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Thread the onions, onto the skewers or kebab sticks alternating with the Quorn sausage, peppers and tomatoes.
- Place the skewers onto a barbecue and cook turning frequently until vegetables are cooked and sausages are piping hot throughout, brushing with any remaining glaze.
- They are equally good roasted in the oven 200C, Yes these two Quorn recipes are absolutely delicious. We certainly never thought we'd be eating kebabs. But Quorn kebab sticks make the perfect bbq food.
We want to know how you are cooking up a Quorn storm? tweet us live to @PrestigeFitnes and @quornfoods, the team have lots of ideas to share. A big thank you to the Quorn team innovating more delicous ways for us to enjoy our Quorn.
Writer: David Donaldson.